Laser Hair Removal – Pre and Post Information
Laser hair removal is a popular choice of treatment for permanent hair reduction and The Australian Laser and Skin Clinic is by far Melbourne’s Leader in Laser Hair Removal.
Make sure you go see an experienced specialist clinic that have qualified clinicians who will give you a personalized and thorough run through of what is involved in Laser Hair Removal.
Be honest, if you have had recent sun exposure or are wearing fake tan, tell the clinician. As much as you may want to have treatment on the day it is better to be safe and wait.
Before undergoing laser hair removal, it is also important to be well informed of pre and post treatment care!
- Make sure you don’t wax, pluck or bleach the area you are having treated 4 weeks before commencing treatment or at any time during treatment.
- Stay out of the sun and avoid the use of solariums and self-tanning creams for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to your treatment, this will promote a stronger current in the laser which will mean better results.
- Don’t do any activities prior to coming in for treatment that will make you hot and sweaty. I.e. going to the gym, spas or saunas.
To make the most of your treatment follow the guidelines below
- If you notice slight swelling or red marks and bumps apply an ice pack or cold press. This is a normal reaction and will generally subside within a few hours. You could also apply a cooling lotion like ASAP Soothing Gel.
- Don’t do any activities such as sports, hot showers or baths directly after treatment and if you do, make sure you wait until swelling or redness subsides.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater.
- You will notice that the treated hairs will start to fall out 1-3 weeks after treatment. Make sure you exfoliate to remove these hairs.
For further information don’t hesitate to call 1300 786 166 to speak to one of our friendly staff who will be able to answer any of your Laser Hair Removal questions.